Here is a list of everything you will need to create this project:
1. A photograph that you want to transfer onto the wood block. There are a few parameters for the photo you work with.
a. The photo needs to be printed on regular printer paper from a laser printer. You can do this with any of the self printers at kinkos.
b. The photo needs to be the mirrored image of what you want to see on the wooden block. You can mirror your image in photoshop. Here is a link to a tutorial of how to flip your image in Photoshop. You can also flip an image in Preview.
c. Your photo needs to be the same size or slightly bigger than the wood block that you are working with.
2. A wood block. I used one that was 4.5" x 4.5". You can get precut wooden blocks from Michaels.
3. A Gel Medium. I used Golden Matte Medium. I also got this from Michaels.
4. Mod Podge. You don't absolutely need Mod Podge for this project. If you don't mind a rougher look at the end you don't need Mod Podge. If you like a more refined, glazed look to your finished project then go for the Mod Podge. It's up to you!
5. A foam brush. If you have a regular paint brush at home already, this will work too.
6. A stiff card that you don't mind getting some gel or Mod Podge on.